Thursday, April 18, 2013

on being forgetful




     Have you heard the old saying that an elephant never forgets? Of course, they don't really have too much to remember in the first place when you think about it. Where is the watering hole? Where is the grass we eat all day long? And, that's about it...So maybe an elephants memory is not too impressive to begin with. I once had a man tell me that he had the memory of an elephant. Not sure what that says of him. Maybe that he is really really good at remembering where the watering hole is?
     Well, whatever the case is, I certainly don't have an elephants memory. I tend to forget things. I once even forgot my exchange student at church and left her there. It all worked out though and we turned around and picked her up before we got too far away. It was a happy ending. Unless you consider that we probably scarred her for life with abandonment issues. Then? Not so much.
      I think that if I could forget that I forgot something, I would be pretty happy. But as it is, I remember that I forgot. So then I wander around aimlessly trying to remember what I forgot. It's really not fun. I am in a perpetual state of, of.... Ah, never mind!
     String around my finger
     Miss Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment