Friday, April 26, 2013

Duck face





     Duck face. I would say I am over it, but this would be an understatement. So would disgusted, sick of and tired. I am not sure how this came to be so popular. It was never attractive. It never was cute, and certainly not charming.
     I began to notice it about a year or so ago. Teenagers posting selfies on FB with pouty trout lips. Just a passing phase I thought. Like tongue piercings and tattoos of barbed wire and tribal designs, or head bands, or parachute pants. Then, I started to see adults (always women) pursing their lips in a fish sort of way. And it continued. And continued. And here we are today, young and old alike making duck faces. And me rolling my eyes.
     And so, as I often do with silly trends and fashions, I ask myself, "WHY?" I mean really? Is this how you want people to remember you? However, I think this is one of those questions that I may never get the answer to. Like, what's the point in wearing  nude lipstick? And why do people slip on banana peels in cartoons? Don't they see them? And why can you run faster in new sneakers? And why is the grass always greener, even when you get to the other side? And why oh why, does Donald Trump do that thing with his hair?
     If you have the answer, please let me know. Until then, I'll just sit here wondering. And thinking about banana peels and Donald Trump.
     Till next time,
     Miss Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment