Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy little honk

   
     It is sooo easy to be a Christian when you are in church. Worship music is playing, the Spirit is moving. People are smiling and "How-you-doin" and lifting up their hands in praise...but it's getting there that is hard. I'll admit that I am not a very good witness on my way to church. Oh believe me, I want to be. It's just that, people are just so...irritating. And everybody but me is a terrible driver. Either too slow, neglecting their turn signals, or driving too close.
     It starts innocently enough. As annoying as someones driving skills may be, I will be courteous. At first. Self control comes easy when you are at the first level. Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about either. At level two, I may give them a "Happy little honk." You know the difference. The little tap tap tap of the horn? Not the press the horn to the front bumper kind that comes from a level three.
     There are five levels I am aware of. Now that I have bared my heart to you, don't be so judge mental of Christians. We are not perfect and never claim to be. As I have just confessed, we are certainly flawed, and clearly sinners. That being said, let's move on to level four. Here my friends, is where it begins to get dangerous. Level four is perhaps a gateway to level five. At four, you are one step away from pulling out your weapon.
Level five? Let's just say, it ain't pretty. I may look something like this:



     Hey, I'm no Saint. I never claimed to be. I will be the first to point out my flaws and confess them to God. But I also know, that when I ask forgiveness, it is given freely to me. That being said, unless you are an excellent driver, with a stellar driving record, steer clear of me on a Sunday morning. Because I might just be packing heat...

     Sinner saved by grace,
     Miss Jodi





















No comments:

Post a Comment