Thursday, January 3, 2013

Family therapy

    



     Obsessive Compulsive Disorder-an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that  produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear or worry leading to repetitive behaviors.
     Aversion-a strong dislike or avoidance of a certain thing
     Exposure therapy- intended to help a person face and gain control over fear and distress that is   overwhelming through desensitisation.
      I will readily admit that I struggle with OCD. If things are out of order, anxiety rises. If dirty dishes are piling up in my sink, it rises higher. If I should happen to see mold, or have to touch raw meat or poultry...that's right, higher still.
     Which, according to the condition of certain areas of my home (certain bedrooms in particular), leads me to believe, that my family who love me so very much, and naturally want the very best for me, are using Exposure Therapy in an attempt to cure me.
     Till next time,
     Miss Jodi
    

No comments:

Post a Comment