Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tweezer suprise


  


     Hair removal. We all deal with it. We spend hours doing it. Here is my opinion on a few different methods, all of which I have tried.
      Razor: by far my favorite. The most effective and efficient method out there. It is also the least painful, as long as you have a steady hand that is...I wouldn't recommend it if you have the shakes. The down side? It is only temporary.
     Tweezers: very effective, but takes a long time. Especially if you are sporting a Frida Khalo look. Be careful however, that you don't over do it. I am curious as to why the pain is always a surprise. No matter how long you have been doing it, or how often, the pain is always just as terrific and as shocking as the first time.
     Waxing: very effective, very quick. The tricky part is getting a person you trust to do it for you. Otherwise you end up looking like an East L.A. Chola. And it takes a good two weeks to grow back in, so you can scare alot of people in the mean time.
     Threading: I found someone at Eyebrow Are Us (No I didn't forget the "S") who does a beautiful job. But the pain is just as bad as waxing, only it goes on for about 10 minutes. You can hear the twang of the thread and your hair being pulled out by the roots. ONE BY ONE. Think of a tree being pulled out of the ground.
    
     Creams: Go home. Are you serious? They stink to high heaven and you have to keep them on you for an hour. Not good for sensitive skin. Don't waste your time or money, and who wants to go around the house with a white moustache? (Think Got Milk commercials.) You are better off wishing it away.
     So, there you have it. Five options and my expert opinion. What could be better? What ever method you choose, I wish you well! Shave on my friends, shave on.
     Till next time,
     Miss Jodi

1 comment: