Monday, February 4, 2013

Heaven in a Gentile's mouth



     The thought of fried pig skin makes me nauseous. It wasn't until last week that I tried finally tried some. I feel cheated. 43 years of my life have been spent snubbing pork rinds. What a fool I have been! What heavenly-bacony-crunchy-deliciousness I have  denied my taste buds! And for what? For NOTHING I tell you! I have wasted my life! If you have not tried  them, I am telling you, TODAY, go out and get some TODAY! It;s like perfectly fried bacon. In a bag. But it's not.
     Now, I will admit to you, that I am still embarrassed to be seen buying them. I am the lady who hides them beneath an Enquirer before putting them on the check out stand. Yes I have had the cashier ask if a certain bag of pork rinds belonged to me (Unnecessarily loud too I might add). I would rather be seen buying a climbing ivy planted in a kitten shaped pot than be seen buying a bag of Hill Billy Delight pork rinds.  Don't judge me. Don't hate. I'm new at this. Hey, I'm writing about it here. Give me a break!
     So all you Gentiles out there, I want to share the Red Necked secret with you. If you like bacon, (And really, WHO doesn't like bacon except maybe my friend Lupe? ) then you will LOVE pork rinds. Enjoy it my friends. Portable bacon. Need I say more?
     Till next time,
     Miss Jodi

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, no carbs....when you are dieting it's like gold in a bag. I prefer to call them chicharrones, sounds less hillbilly! Too funny, love your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicarones? All this time I didn't know that pork rinds were Chicarones! Ya learn something everyday! Thanks for stopping by M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were Cuban you would know these things... And there is nothing like roasted pork... Mmm....

    ReplyDelete