Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!!!!





      Happy Independence day y'all! I hope you had a great one. I sure did. The 4th of July has always been one of my favorites. Family, friends, fireworks, the red white and blue, and the feeling of thanksgiving for living in the United States of America. May God continue to bless the USA!!! Of course what would a summer holiday be without a BBQ? We had all the traditional American food, hot dogs, chips, lemonade, potato salad, and corn on the cob. And as I was eating my corn, it occurred to me that you can't eat it around just anybody. Certainly not a stranger that's for sure, because you can't eat corn on the cob pretty. Just like BBQ ribs, or noodle soup. It's just not possible. I'd like to see you try if you think you can. Think about it, you take the first bite and whoever is sitting next to you is going to get wet. Then, after a bite or two it starts dripping down your face and if you happen to wear lipstick like I do, you now have a bright red Revlon Scarlet-Mist smudge across the lower part of your face along with the corn juice drippings. If this isn't enough, the corn kernels are now wedged up in between your teeth so far that only a licensed dental professional  can get them out. So, short of a full cleaning including floss, and a complete removal of what is left of your makeup followed by a complete reapplication, you look like a person suffering from Rabies. NOT something you want unless it's your family and really, haven't they seen you at your worst? So if you are not already in the habit of taking my advice, you might want to start now. Only your Momma and your Auntie don't care what you look like when you eat, no one in the world but them should ever be witness. Don't eat corn on the cob around a date, or if there is even the slightest possibility of the Paparazzi or a teenager who happens to own an IPhone with a camera.  It WILL come back to haunt you. It ain't pretty my friends.
     Till next time,
     I'll cut those kernels off with a knife
     Miss Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment