Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas






     I was having coffee with my Mama the other day and the subject of love came up. It occurred to me that we spend so much time being disappointed by people because they don't love us the way we love them. All along they have been loving us they way they need to be loved...maybe your sister didn't tell you she loved you, but showed her love with her actions. Maybe your father didn't hug you but he spent hours at work providing for you. Maybe I don't listen, hug, give gifts, fill in the blank when that is what is needed from me. And maybe, just maybe, we all need to recognize that what we need, we give...So this year, don't waste time hoping that someone will love you the way you love them, recognize what they are doing to express their love for you. That's what Christmas is for me, recognizing the sacrifice of others on my behalf. Tonight, I thank God for the sacrifice of Jesus. I hope you share my thoughts. Merry Christmas from my heart to yours. I hope you are surrounded by those you love this Christmas, and if you are not, I hope you savor some sweet memories of them.
     Miss Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment