Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Peter Pan years

 
     Today we celebrate the 22nd birthday of Dakota, my first born child and only son. I thought I would take the time to embarrass him in honor of this special occasion as any good momma would. From the moment I met him my life changed for the better. Legos, toy trucks, tiny tools and many  books. This little genius taught himself how to read at the age of 3 and has been unstoppable every since. His love of learning never slowed down. He has a deep sense of loyalty and a heart of gold. There have been ups and downs and plenty of in between. Heartbreak and happiness, laughter and tears. He was our guinea pig in the parenting department, may I just apologize right now? I'm sorry kid. I truly am. We didn't know what we were doing.... A great and ongoing parenting experiment. Because of him we are better parents and have many happy memories. Because of him, our girls can't get away with much. A great source of happiness and a never ending supply of wit, sarcasm, banter, and laughter. I thank God for you Son. Tonight, a toast to you: To your future, to endless possibilities,  and to the Peter Pan years.
     Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment