Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cup cake duct tape



     I had to go to the hardware store the other day. Other than the paint section and the plant nursery, I was totally out of my element. I always am. Actually, I was able to find what I went there for in less than an hour and a half.  Impressive. Well, for me any way. My husband would have found what he needed, purchased it and been home all in half the time it took me to find it. He is amazing like that.
     If I send him to the grocery store for eggs, he comes home with eggs. That's it. No impulse purchases. No chocolate bars, no two for one boxes of Coco Puffs. I truly don't know how he does it. Then there is me. Once I am in a store, I suddenly remember that we are out of bread. I notice that Gala apples are on sale for .96 a pound, and think about how nice it would be to have ice cream for dessert. I am a retailers dream. I am a gatherer, he is a hunter.
     My tendency to look at everything is exactly why I have two rolls of duct tape decorated with a cute little cup cake print. They were cleverly placed next to the spray paint which I was there to purchase.  Obviously I bought two rolls. Because one roll, as completely useless as it is, just isn't enough. Yes, I am now the proud owner of two rolls of cup cake duct tape. (To my credit, they are different prints) I am not kidding.
     So, should you ever be in need of a roll of the ever utilitarian duct tape for anything from fixing a leaky pipe to holding a bumper on your car, or gaging an intruder, let me know. We'll get it done. With cup cakes. And should you ever be in need of someone to go to the hardware store for you, send Jeff, not me. Otherwise you might become the owner of a couple of rolls of cupcake duct tape yourself.
     Fixin' it with duct tape
     Miss Jodi

1 comment: