Friday, December 28, 2012

Contraband

     I know we are all trying to save money right now, especially since we just finished up with Christmas. So I thought I would share with you some money saving tips for seeing movies. I saw Le Miserables today and FYI, it was AMAZING! I would highly recommend it to you. I guarantee that if you see it, you will be singing instead of talking the rest of the day. Just ask the kid at the MacDonald's drive through. Yep, I sang my order.
     So back to saving money at the theaters. My first tip is to see a matinee. Where I live, the usual price is $8.50 and the shows before 5pm are only $5. Tip two, go online and join your theaters email list. They often will send coupons to bring you in. Thirdly don't bring a child under the age of 12. Anything before that is a waste of money and time. They won't remember it either. We will talk more about that another time. Lastly, buy your contraband at the dollar store instead of the grocery or convenience store. NEVER NEVER EVER buy candy at the theater. EVER. Simply bring your big purse, stuff your candy in there and a bottle of pop or water. Just make sure you conceal it well  when you go to pay for your ticket. You don't want your Kit Kat's and Raisenette's falling out onto the counter for the clerk to see, because they might ask you to leave. And that would be awkward, right? I sure hope that helps you save a few dollars. Let me know how it works for you, or if you have some other tips for the theater.
     Miss Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment